Friday, November 14, 2008

Mr. Zarou Goes to Peru



Hello again, fans of the rant! I apologize for the long delay, but without the traveling, my life just isn't interesting enough to warrant the blog. But don't cry for me, (oh wait that's another country) I'm off to Peru! Four glorious weeks of guinea-pig-on-a-stick, wheezing through high-altitude hiking, and hallucinogenic jungle spirit journeys! And that's the upside! Here's hoping la república stays free of devastating earthquakes and military coups, at least until Christmas.

By this time tomorrow I will be at LAX, awaiting my departure. After a six-hour layover in Bogota, Colombia (I'm sure I'll find something interesting to do there) I catch a flight on an airline I've never heard of and land in Lima. I will be met at the airport by a Sra. Eloisa Pinza, a friend's grandmother who has graciously offered to put me up for my three days in the capital. I've never met this woman, but I told her that when she gets to the airport, if she just looks for the gringo mas grande, she'll probably find me.

Wish me well, fellow norteamericanos! It's so exciting to finally be able to travel abroad without pretending to be Canadian!

No comments: